Part 1 of this Research School took place online in June-July 2021, via the IT platform https://cimpa.uol.de/ . A great amount of material has been prepared and is still available on this site, more precisely :
- 7 courses as pdf files, with exercises.
- recorded videos of about 7 hours for each of 6 courses, for a total of about 40 hours.
There has been an interactive period of two weeks July 12-23, 2021, supported by the same platform. Over 150 participants had signed up to this IT platform.
Part 2, July 11-22 2022 in live mode at Sao Carlos.
Here is a list of the main courses that will be delivered in the live meeting at Sao Carlos. Download timetable here!
1. Singularities and algebraic methods. -- 10-12 hours.
– Maria Ruas, Juan Nuno Ballesteros, Bruna Orefice, Terry Gaffney, Matthias Zach, Jim Damon.
A. Complete intersections with isolated singularities (ICIS).
B. Determinantal singularities
2. Computing with ‘Singular’ and introduction to the new language OSCAR. -- 8-10 hours. – Anne Frühbis-Krüger, Matthias Zach, Marcelo Saia.
3. Lipschitz geometry of singularities. -- 6-8 hours.
– Lev Birbrair, Zbigniew Jelonek, Edson Sampaio, Alexandre Fernandez, Leonardo Camara, Maria Ruas, Mihai Tibar.
Followup sessions. 15-20 hours
Dirk Siersma, Mihai Tibar
Reviewing the online course « Milnor fibrations, nonisolated singularity, and the polar degree of projective hypersurfaces.» New aspects and exercise sessions.
Reviewing the online course «Topology of complex projective hypersurfaces and of their complements». New aspects and exercise sessions.
Ying Chen, Raimundo Araujo dos Santos, Nicolas Dutertre, Mihai Tibar
Reviewing the online course «Real Milnor fibrations, and mixed singularities». New aspects and exercise sessions.
Zbigniew Jelonek, Mihai Tibar, Cezar Joita, Renato Dias
Reviewing the online course « Bifurcation of affine maps in real and complex settings». New aspects and exercise sessions.
Maria Ruas, Raul Sinha, Roberta Wik Atique, Juan Nuno Ballesteros
Reviewing the online course « Hypersurfaces : algebraic methods and singularities. » New aspects and exercise sessions.
In addition to the course and exercise sessions, we reserve the possibility of organizing talk sessions by the more advanced students, if they want to expose their research, ideas, questions.
How to participate?
To participate in our courses please go to the local website of the school http://worksing.icmc.usp.br/user_sing/
and follow the instructions posted there. Deadline: May 31, 2022. New Deadline: June 15th, 2022.
How to apply for support?
To register and apply for CIMPA funding, follow the instructions given in the link